Friday, February 15, 2008

Remembering the Old Lifestyle

Two of our business school friends came over to visit, John and Leslie. Though Max has only been with us two weeks less a day now, it seems like a long time. Yes, I'm aware this is only the beginning. Yes, I'm in my thirties and I still give my parents a hard time. But a couple hours with John and Leslie brought back the good times of living free and large in the big city with no responsibilities on the weekend except for getting to the gym. And only if you felt like it. John's attending parties with swimsuit models courtesy of SI. (He's a real success story, this John. Working his way up from the mail room to now escorting swimsuit models to the swimsuit issue parties in NYC. Seriously.) He's going to bachelor parties in Vegas. Leslie's going skiing in Vail. They're spending this weekend at a B&B. But seriously folks, this parenting is all worth it! OK, it's slow going at the start, but I'm getting good at all the basics. Meri's an old pro. And those lazy weekends are a thing of the past. Luckily John brought over some beer to help me cope.

In this picture, we see Leslie all smiles with Max. Then there's John, with this look of fear. Thankfully we let John dip into the whiskey collection to help take the edge off of being so close to a baby. (Sorry for the digression, but these silky satiny pillows have to go).







Just like kindergarten, we're all winners. Not only did John and Leslie spoil Max rotten, but also me and Meri. For Max, Leslie stole a local Italian woman's laundry line and all of her grandson's clothes. Good thing she's a marathon runner, those old Italian ladies can be fast in their house dresses. I think that this was a very creative way to package a bundle of cool stuff. Did I mention that I also got some beer? In a nice gesture, John and Leslie went out to all the local hotspots where they dine on the UWS and brought us extra menus to the restaurants where they dine without all those annoying UWS babies. Maybe that was their way of telling us to stay home with the baby and don't bother them at Arte Cafe with cute baby Max. They wouldn't think that, would they?

No comments:

Post a Comment