Saturday, February 2, 2008
First Hospital Visitors
Just after we got to the hospital, we learned that Meri would be having the baby very soon. At that point, I quietly excused myself and called the grandparents-to-be. Before she hung up the phone, I swear, Clare was already out the door on the way to the hospital. All the commotion apparantly upset Max(ine) -- she must have known what was coming. They made it to the hospital pretty quickly and, upon their arrival, a loud intercom announcement ("Mr Rerisi, your parents are here!") interupted some nice contractions. Soon after Max (the baby, not the dog) was born, the first hospital visitors arrived.
This is the happiest guy in all of Rockaway! Rob is very, very good with Max. He must run an illegal daycare facility in the basement office!
When it was time to tell Clare that it was all over and that she had a brand new grandson, she literally jumped up and down the hallway of the hospital. I was afraid it would be hard to control her, but eventually she calmed down enough to hear his vital stats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment