
Yesterday three of four Coulsons stopped by. Alyssa, the self-described imposing aunt, brought her parents over for a quick visit while they were in town. Suzie was very happy to spend some quality time with Max while Mike, Greg and Ed watched some golf on TV. (In a couple of years when Max is confident on two feet, we're going to request that Alyssa bring her brother Jordan over to teach Max some dance moves. He's going to be the coolest kid in overpriced Manhattan Pre-K.) And for those of you still confused about who this Aunt Alyssa is, it's Meri's brother Greg's wife. Meri was prego during their wedding in November. At the time, I thought there was a daughter in the tummy, but I guess so did a lot of our readers.
So, I'm really not trying to make fun of Alyssa, the self-described imposing aunt. But she is truly very, very excited about Max's arrival. She dreams about him a lot. I thought that was a bit weird until earlier this evening my sister also mentioned she had a Max dream. Maybe all aunts without kids are a bit nutty at first. Anyway, "Ant" Liz dreamed that Meri had another son two weeks after Max was born, also named Max. Better Alyssa coming over with stuffed fake animals versus my sister coming over with a preserved bug collection.
PS: Is it Suzie with a "z" or Susie with an "s". "ie" or "y"? So many questions...
The mystery spelling from your P.S. is Suzy. XO, "Imposing Aunt Alyssa"
ReplyDeleteFake animals better than real bugs!(snort) Please consider that this collection is a work of art as well as patience--since I have a strict no-kill policy. Which means I have to follow around interesting insects until they die of natural causes (or trauma...a few seem to have been the losers in car v. bug). Many a fine specimen has been lost to this policy. And, to be really accurate, it's actually more of a nature collection: I have also gathered two feathers, some seeds, and a rock.
ReplyDelete