The best part of Cornell hospital is the view from the hotel rooms. Damn, I did it again and called it a hotel. Seriously, the view was great. In early pregnancy, I made a bet with Meri that if the baby's first word was "boat", that we'd go out and buy daddy (me) a boat. Then Rob told me that this is not an easy word for a youngin to pronounce, so I lost the bet from the get go, I think. In any event, the constant flow of barge, tug, tanker and police boat traffic outside of the hospital room was nice. Max and I were able to work on the pronunciation of boat quite often.
Then something else hit me... Since Max is a boy, chances are we can count on the bride's family to pay for the wedding. He saved us $100,000+ right off the bat. I'm trying to convince Meri that that's reason enough to buy a boat this winter. Yes, now I'll agree with my father that we'll need one w/ a small cabin and those macho
Regulators or
Southports aren't good for a family man. I'll keep everyone posted on the status of the boat purchase -- but don't hold your breath.
Barge and tug visible from the room:
No comments:
Post a Comment