Monday, May 5, 2008

The Secret Weapon

Now that Meri's gone back to work, that means travel. Over the last couple of weeks, I've flown solo twice. (Once, my mom came over and helped me get him to bed, so it's not that bad. And yes, Natasha's here to help. And yes, Max is sorta sleeping through the night, so it's not that bad.) Months ago, when Max was either a Max or a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (girl's name left blank), I was scared to death of the first night alone. One of my best characteristics is to pass the buck to Meri for anything that goes wrong, her fault or not mine. Who would I blame if she's in Boston? In any event, I soon realized it's not that big of a deal. Max has been a good sport when mom's away. But what's really helped is the Baby Bjorn.

As you can see in the photo below, Max and I are much, much better with this Norwegian/Swedish/Finnish contraption now compared to our first time months ago. Max faces out, head up. Earlier, he was face in, head wobbly. We still sweat a lot, however. In any event, Max loves the Baby Bjorn during our "happy hour" after work, especially when we go to Central Park to see the horses or Brooks Brothers to buy shirts. He gets completely over stimulated and by 715pm I make a mad dash home. By 720pm he's screaming. By 730pm he's passed out in his crib. By 1130pm I pass out due to exhaustion watching him as he sleeps, just to make sure he's A-OK.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment