Saturday, May 3, 2008

Photographic Evidence

This series of photographs are proof of many, many things. First, it's proof of what I look like on a Sunday morning at 730am. Second, its proof of what I've said ever since that fateful May night last year when I first heard the news of Max's arrival: That my hair's departure rapidly accelerated. Third, it's proof that I ran at least one 5K race in NYC lately. This green T-Shirt is a souvenir from a 5K race in NYC where the finishers are treated to free beer. More interested in the free hops than the three miles, I decided to run with the marathon runners John and Leslie. Little did I know, you need to be fast to get back to the bar in time for the free beer. I missed out. You'd think that they would have figured it out -- the slower ones are the beer drinkers, but whatever, this is a pointless digression. The point is, I love the T-shirt. Fourth, it's proof that I read the sports pages every now and again and plan to read them to Max as he grows up. However, you can clearly tell from the last picture that he knows I'm making everything up. You can't fool this kid -- he's just too smart. Next time, Meri will read him the sports section and I'll read him Soundings magazine.








No comments:

Post a Comment