Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rosh Hashanah Family Portrait

They say that if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself. I firmly believe in this when it comes to wiring your stereo/TV, repairing your computer or building an Excel spreadsheet. Never is this more true, however, when it comes to family portraits. Meri and I are both very lucky to have great families who all have great talents, but photography isn't one of them. Sorry folks, it's true. I'm not Ansel Adams, though Meri may say that I think I am given all the camera stuff I tote around. (Another adage, pricey equipment makes a difference, whether it's a golf club, paint brush or camera -- if it's more expensive, it's generally worth it.)

Forgive the digresssions. The point here is, before we head out to temple for the holiday, I set up the tripod, camera and flash and took a half dozen pictures. They were a bit rushed and the light wasn't great, but this was one of the better ones. And, yes, Max loved the concept of the flash going off with no one behind the camera!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment