No trip to Greenport would be complete without a trip the Vomit Comet. aka the carousel.
I can ride roller coasters, never get car sick without a Blackberry in my hand and rarely get
sea sick. But these carousels... They're the early 20th century vomit comets, I'm telling you.
When you go on these things with Max, you need to look down, at him. Is he holding on? Did
he fall off the seat? Is he drooling? Is his nose running and he's eating the boogers? Did he
poop? Did he puke? Did I puke? You spend so much time looking backwards and down at
him, you get motion sickness and turn green. The one in Prospect Park in Brooklyn is the
worst. In any event, that's the price you pay for having a kid, right?
In the photos below, you'll see Max's first ride w/ Meri on a bench. I was too afraid to ride.
After Meri came off the ride without turning green, I figured it was my time to step it up
a notch and we put Max on a horse for the first time. He got the hang of it right away and
held on like a champ. In this bout with the vomit comet, the Rerisi's came out on top.
Max liked it so much, he gave one of the horse's an official Max "hug" as we were getting off!

I can ride roller coasters, never get car sick without a Blackberry in my hand and rarely get
sea sick. But these carousels... They're the early 20th century vomit comets, I'm telling you.
When you go on these things with Max, you need to look down, at him. Is he holding on? Did
he fall off the seat? Is he drooling? Is his nose running and he's eating the boogers? Did he
poop? Did he puke? Did I puke? You spend so much time looking backwards and down at
him, you get motion sickness and turn green. The one in Prospect Park in Brooklyn is the
worst. In any event, that's the price you pay for having a kid, right?
In the photos below, you'll see Max's first ride w/ Meri on a bench. I was too afraid to ride.
After Meri came off the ride without turning green, I figured it was my time to step it up
a notch and we put Max on a horse for the first time. He got the hang of it right away and
held on like a champ. In this bout with the vomit comet, the Rerisi's came out on top.
Max liked it so much, he gave one of the horse's an official Max "hug" as we were getting off!

No comments:
Post a Comment