Monday, September 1, 2008

Mid-August Weekend in Greenport

So much happened two weeks ago in Greenport, but it's mostly a blur now. The best times were had when Meri went to Riverhead to Tanger to do some shopping. (Two weeks later, we'd return half of her purchases from 5 different stores scattered all over the place, not that I'm complaining). The slide show below gives you some highlights from the weekend:
  • We made a quick visit with Owen and Alexa, though Alexa was too interested in getting ready for the pool to hang out with the babies. Thus, there are no photos of her, just of the Owen and Max "staredown".
  • Max spent some time standing with support of the ottoman. Grandma Gail spends lots of time working with Max on this new trick and he loved every minute of it in his Ed Hardy onesie, thanks to Sandy.
  • There was of course more time in the $9.99 inflatable pool from the legendary Greenport Arcade.
  • While Meri was out shopping, we got Max all dressed up in shades and his ball cap and took him for a ride on Pat's electric car. (Oddly, Max only cried when Grandpa Vic drove, not Pat.)
  • We briefly attended the association beach party -- long enough for a free beer, though we got there too late for the Salamander fried chicken.
  • Finally, Max had his first cookie! The Jewish Zweiback cookie was such a treat! (Yes, I now know it's not a Jewish cookie. But I'm obviously still new enough to this baby-thing that I just assumed it was a Jewish thing. I've learned a lot about random Jewish "food", so I assumed a zweiback was just another new food, like kreplach, matzah, hamentashen and all the other stuff. I swear, something new is invented each year just to throw me off!)



2 comments:

  1. The photo of Max Henry pouting in his pool should be entered in a beautiful baby contest! I am so enjoying the comings and goings of such a gorgeous baby and his family. Keep these memories going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And next year you (Anonymous, aka Ms. Barbara) can have pictures of Nicholas pouting in a pool!

    ReplyDelete