Saturday, February 7, 2009

Max's First Birthday: The Final Chapter

Meri and I took the afternoon off of work for Max's birthday. The plan was simple. Make a quick stop at FAO Schwarz, go out for hamburgers or pizza, then get a cupcake at Magnolia for a final birthday wish. Our plans were quickly shattered. If you click on the picture on the left, you'll see that the damn store closed early on Feb 2 for inventory. Of all days! So, we had to settle with the crappy Disney store on 5th Avenue. That place is waste of time, don't go there...
Even though it's a waste, we did get one good picture of Max at the Disney store. We didn't buy anything, but we did take a couple of pictures, including a couple with Max wearing Mickey Mouse ears. Other than that, this store offered us nothing. Booooo!
After we went to O'Neals for a hamburger, we came home and set up the tripod for a couple of family pictures. I've learned that you get better results from the self-timer and your three-legged friend compared to relatives. I hope no one takes any offsense at this. But any jury would take my side with this one -- I swear. This picture was the best one we got of Max, even though I look like I belong in one of those after school specials featuring the "slow" kid from down the block.


And finally, we have a picture of Max blowing out candles on his fourth 1st birthday wish!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The look on his face when he realized that he couldn't get into his favorite toy store is PRICELESS!
    I am glad that he had such a memorable birthday. The cake was stupendous!
    I enjoy looking at his "stats" each month, as I am comparing Nicky's info to Max's so we know what to expect...
    Enjoy him, it all goes so fast...

    ReplyDelete