Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Max is Four Months Old!

This was the week we were all dreading. I had a wedding in New Orleans that I just couldn't miss, so I was gone for two nights. My first nights away from Max, actually, unless you count that second night in the hospital. Night One I foolishly slept there -- don't make that mistake, my friends (John!). Surprisingly, I missed him a lot and pity the childless friends we went to New Orleans with. All they did was hear Max this, Max that. It's also great to compare notes with friends with kids. But this is all common to you parents out there by now. For Meri and I, it's new stuff. (Meri found it makes for great conversations at work dinners! See below.)

Anyway, back to the story... This was also the start of the week for Meri's big client conference at work. I don't really know what goes on during these closed-door meetings, but she had to go to Chicago for it, by way of Toronto. Is that on the way? I'm not so sure, to be honest... Anyway, I've been complaining (me, complain? no....) about this week since week one of Meri's pregnancy. "How can I be alone with him when he's so young for a week! Well, after a couple of solo nights previously, I got the hang of it, all's good with flying solo by now.

By the way, did I mention that I overslept for work this morning? How can you do that with a four month old in the house? Easy, when you don't set an alarm and the bruiser sleeps to 745am, you oversleep! Yes folks, 745am! He went to bed at 715pm. This is the kid that would sleep a total of 10 hours in a 24 hour period two months ago. Now, he sleeps 12 hours in one shot! (Not every night of course, but still, it can be done!) Needless to say, when Natasha arrived at 730am this morning, I nearly died when I woke up to the front door opening.

So, Meri was in Toronto for Max's four month birthday. Max and I celebrated alone all week. (OK, it's not really "all week" -- more like Monday through Thursday). Tonight I gave max his first bath on my own. Max celebrated this occasion with a good ol' fashioned "fire boat salute" at the end of the bath. Onto the stove top. Don't tell Meri. Then Max had 7.5+ oz in his bottle, burped twice, and fell asleep instantly. It's too easy my friends, too easy!

Enjoy the four month less a day photos below, taken casa Rob and Clare.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment